[mythtv-users] OS X - Myth 0.26 comes to MacPorts (at last)

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sat Jul 27 13:15:46 UTC 2013

At 10:06 PM +1000 7/27/13, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>On 27 July 2013 19:09, Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org> wrote:
>
>>  Oh. I just looked at the code and noticed OS detection for MS Windows
>>  and Mac OS X, too. So I thought it might work in principle.
>>
>>  Regards,
>>  Karl
>
>FWIW, I have it running locally (both python and perl bindings) using
>the standalone MythFrontend.app and the default osx-packager tool

And by "it", you mean the Smolt hardware profiler?  Can you point us
to a profile UUID?

In April 2012, Raymound told me that it was disabled for any OS other
than Linux:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/515035?search_string=Hardware%20profiler;#515035

Has something changed?  I recall trying to run the Python scripts 'by
hand' and getting nowhere.  I'd be glad to support it if it actually
works.

Craig