[mythtv-users] MythArchive native mode 0.26-fixes

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jul 28 09:49:47 UTC 2013

On 27/07/13 23:56, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 27/07/13 23:48, HP-mini wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Thanks for the reply.  Rather embarrassingly, a retry after a reboot
> seems to have worked.  I'll try a few more tomorrow.

..but this is worrying:  a few hours after MythArchive imported that
single recording, all recordings except the import and those made after
the MythArchive run appear to have lost their seektables.

I usually run mythcommflag --rebuild on individual recordings in a
script started from a terminal emulator. Hints about how to run it on
all recordings would be appreciated :-)

I did the reboot mentioned above because /dev/sr0 seemed to have gone
AWOL in the middle of a K3B disk-burning job; very unusual.  It seems OK
now, but I had tried a 'new' brand of DVD+R not long before - Polaroid,
from ASDA, the UK version of Walmart.  The first two samples both failed
to verify. They probably ran with different power settings, too, and I
wondered if the laser had overcooked. Back to Verbatim.