[mythtv-users] Fwd: Using mythtv over openvpn using different subnets

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Jul 30 11:16:08 UTC 2013

On 30/07/13 11:59, Michael Watson wrote:
> On 28/07/2013 11:28 PM, Will Fricks wrote:
>> To answer both repsponses:
>>
>> 1.  Yes the frontend, and backend are on two different subnets. Running
>> openvpn with a proprietary algorithm to speed it up.
>>
>> 2.  The uplink is on a gigE connection.  Same with the frontend. So bandwidth
>> is not the issue.

pfSense is a router as well as having firewall capabilities. He will doubtless
have set rules up to permit traffic between his two LAN zones.

The only firewall rules pfSense applies are those you add to it. It does not
have a default set of rules other than those preventing access from the WAN
while you configure it.

--

Mike Perkins