[mythtv-users] Going Virtual and upgrading tuners

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 05:17:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 3:27 AM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Apologies if this is stating the bleedin' obvious, but you also need a step
> to add the NAS into the new VM config. I mention this because if you try to
> add disk as a storage repository it will trash the contents of the disk (on
> VMware anyway - you didn't mention which hypervisor you're going to use). I
> guess if it's an external NAS shared over NFS then you'll be OK, but thought
> I should point it out just in case.

I am guessing that anyone with a Project California C-series server,
and a 10GbE network backend has a NAS out there too :-)  And
it should be a NetApp(*), just on principals.

Gary

(*) I am still surprised that John did not buy NetApp.  The culture
fits well, and while EMC may be the 100,000 lbs gorilla, NetApp
tries harder.