[mythtv-users] HLS take advantage of GPU?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 05:15:11 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 2:39 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> Last time this came up, there was mention that Intel had drivers available,
> but had only released them to a few select parties. I wonder what all is
> included by this "AVC Progressive Encode Support".

As I understand it, the drivers have been updated to support some
new capabilities.  But the Intel Media SDK For Linux is not yet
available except for (private) beta participants.  While it might not
be impossible to reverse engineer the required capabilities (after
all, you can use the Windows SDK and intercept the calls to the
driver to check out the details, and translate to the VAAPI calls),
you really want the Media SDK for Linux to save you all that work.
Yes, that is (likely) just a matter of time.

Gary