[mythtv-users] Ceton infinitv 6 Eth & mythtv? (Ronald Frazier)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jun 21 01:05:21 UTC 2013

I'm assuming that you have a cablecard installed in the ceton (rather than
using it for clear QAM without a cablecard...that makes configuration a bit
more tricky)

Go into mythtv-setup.
Create a new tuner, of type ceton. Provide the IP address of the device.
Specify the card number as RTP and whatever tuner you want to use (ex: 5).
Make sure you won't be interrupting Windows while it tries to record
something.
Create a brand new video source pointing to schedules direct
link that video source to the ceton tuner you created. Then choose to
"fetch channels" (do not try to scan...only fetch)
Run mythfilldatabase to populate the guide data (not sure if this is
necessary just for testing, but just to be safe...)
Go into live tv, switch to the ceton tuner, and see if channels work

hopefully I got all the steps correct there. I'm just going from memory, so
I might have screwed up a few of the button names or terminology.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Douglas Sargent <dbsargent at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Ronald,
>
>       happy to be the guinea pig.... Just have no clue where to start.
>
>       I already have the Ceton Eth box and Mythtv. Currently the Ceton Eth
> box is being used by Win 8 Media Center
>
> Doug

Ron Frazier