[mythtv-users] Easiest way to find NBC on Comcast QAM

boehm100 at comcast.net boehm100 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 25 05:41:29 UTC 2013

scram69 -- I'd be intersted in hearing more on your method. I've tried to do this in the past but could not determine were and how to edit the db manually.

Monkeypet -- the best way I've determined to add a single channel is to:
1) Got to http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineup_web/US:YOUR_ZIP_CODE and locate the new home of the channel.
2) Print you old lineup to a pdf from mythweb/settings/tv/channels. This way you can save call signes, channel names, xmltv numbers etc
3) Go into myth backend config and do a manual qam scan of only the one channel that contains the channel you need. I tell it not to chop encrypted channels. At one time there was a bug that cause a channel scan to stop if there was a encrypted sub channel before an unencrypted channel.

The only problem I've ever had with this method is that sometime it take 24hrs for the guide to transfer to the new channel.

Good luck