[mythtv-users] Best upgrade path from 0.23 on Karmic 9.10

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 25 17:37:13 UTC 2013

On 06/25/2013 09:41 AM, Ian Oliver wrote:
> OK, yes, a while since I upgraded!
>
> My plan is to go to 0.25 on Mythbuntu 12.04 and am wondering whether to
> attempt to do this in one mighty leap or in 2 to 3 steps.
>
> I'm also going to do it on a clone of my main system rather than live
> as I'm expecting a few difficulties along the way!
>
> All advice welcome.

Since upgrade from 0.23 is still supported on 0.26-fixes (and will be on
0.27, when released), there's absolutely no reason to do an incremental
upgrade, unless you're looking for something to fill your free time.
Personally, I'd just choose to upgrade to current stable and fill my
free time actually watching some of that TV I'd recorded.

Also, note that 0.25 is not the current supported stable version
(despite what others may think).

Mike