[mythtv-users] Mythexport

Brian Frost bfrost at brainboy.com
Wed Jun 26 18:06:18 UTC 2013

I really like this addon but I struggled with it just a bit. I wanted to
share two things that I found:

1)
(This is a condensation of what I found on the googles. I went back and
searched but couldn't find who to attribute this to. My apologies to
whomever I am not crediting.)

I was getting a '/storage/banners/: Operation not permitted' and found from
some googling that my old mythexport user job was griefing me.

Anyway, the User Job that Mythexport assigns starts with a %STARTTIME%
command, I changed this to %STARTTIMEUTC% in mythtv-setup and low and
behold it started running just like before.

If you wanted to fix it at the source the file is
/usr/share/mythtv/mythexport/setupsave.cgi line 31

my $command = "mythexport_addjob starttime=%STARTTIME% chanid=%CHANID%
config=$config deleteperiod=$deletePeriod podcastname=$podcastName";

DB

RESTART backend and export

2)
The above fix resulted in another issue where the mythexport would create a
file that ends up wi a broken link -- longer STARTTIME messes with
mythexport so you have to change one of the lines in /usr/bin/mythexport-daemon
to change the filename limit from 63 to 61. This is line (in context)

    # Trim any characters over 63,
    # it seems iTunes does not like files with lengths this long.
    my $x = 61 - $extension;
   # my $x = 63 - $extension;
    $newfilename =~ s/^(.*\/(.{1,$x})).*$/$1/g;

Just trying to give back a little. Having jobs automatically transcode for
my ipad then update my RSS feed then automagically download to my ipad is
incredible. Thanks