[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend

Saul A. Peebsen jaglover at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 19:28:45 UTC 2013

On Sat, 02 Mar 2013 18:38:39 +0000
Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> *Any* connection over WiFi is going to pot luck for any user
> depending on their particular location and setup. I'm almost certain
> that there will be very few people who can get stable, reliable HD
> over WiFi.

Couldn't agree more. As a former radio engineer I can tell you right
now, wireless is no replacement for wired, it can be an extension at
best.
The rule of thumb:
Wired - convenient to use but needs some effort to set up/build.
Wireless - convenient to set up but endless frustration of use.
Take your pick.

--
Cheers, Saul