[mythtv-users] Recordings Fail, No Tuner Lock, But also no Retry, Why?

Andrew Hughes ahhughes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 22:30:07 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I've found some fragile behavior when my (PlayTV) Tuner fails to get a
lock. Mostly because I lost some recordings on the weekend :'(

Example: Open "Live TV" and if it fails to get a lock...
1. Change Channel, No retry to get a lock. Failed is Failed.
2. Exit Live TV, and re-enter Live TV. No retry to get a lock. Failed is
Failed.
3. Switch Input to a Different Tuner... it works!
4. Switch Input back to First Tuner,... it works!

It seems when a tuner can't get a lock, it just gives up. This causes a lot
of recordings to fail, because it doesn't have a tuner that will re-try to
get a lock, and it does not try to switch to any of the other tuners to see
if they are working.

Would appreciate some feedback.

Cheers.