[mythtv-users] Recordings Fail, No Tuner Lock, But also no Retry, Why?

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 07:44:22 UTC 2013

On 4 March 2013 22:30, Andrew Hughes <ahhughes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've found some fragile behavior when my (PlayTV) Tuner fails to get a
> lock. Mostly because I lost some recordings on the weekend :'(
>
> Example: Open "Live TV" and if it fails to get a lock...
> 1. Change Channel, No retry to get a lock. Failed is Failed.
> 2. Exit Live TV, and re-enter Live TV. No retry to get a lock. Failed is
> Failed.
> 3. Switch Input to a Different Tuner... it works!
> 4. Switch Input back to First Tuner,... it works!
>
> It seems when a tuner can't get a lock, it just gives up. This causes a
> lot of recordings to fail, because it doesn't have a tuner that will re-try
> to get a lock, and it does not try to switch to any of the other tuners to
> see if they are working.
>
> Would appreciate some feedback.
>
> Cheers.
>

> This would appear to be the same problem I posted on here a few weeks ago
and got absolutely no response for!

I cant say I tried as thoroughly as you the different steps at 1 an 2 but I
would tune to LiveTV and get a partial lock (and failed recordings).
Switching between tuner inputs resolved it in the same way.

Not sure if it is just not reproducible or if it was just leaving the
system idle for some time that it sorted itself. I havent investiged
further as I was getting no suggestions from my initial emails.

I use haupauge usb twin tuner sticks

Martin