[mythtv-users] Job Queue

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 19:57:58 UTC 2013

On 5 March 2013 18:29, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> AFAIK Raymond's answer is the only way to stop jobs being queued. However it
> is a pain to do if you have lots of rules and don't wish to dabble with SQL.
> Previous answers have suggested setting all your channels to comm-free
> (easily done via MythWeb). I don't believe this prevents the jobs from being
> queued but if you re-enable mythcommflag, it should then abort each job
> quickly once it finds the recordings come from a comm-free channel.

Thanks. As a new user, I had maybe 15 rules to change, so it wasn't
such a big deal.

Can I change the default for new rules somewhere?

> I'm guessing you're unimpressed with mythcommflag. Are you aware there are
> several UK-specific commflagging scripts on the wiki that work well?

I haven't even investigated. I'm so used to fast-forwarding through
them from the TiVo, that it doesn't seem a chore. And at the mo, the
CPU usage from mythcommflag makes the GUI unresponsive, especially
whilst playing HD. Not that I have looked at niceness levels yet.

Once I get everything else just right, I'll perhaps go back and try
out the scripts you refer to.

Regards

Jeff