[mythtv-users] Losing sound from PVR250 Captured Video

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 6 03:49:41 UTC 2013

On 03/05/2013 12:29 AM, Dave Pearson wrote:
> From:Michael T. Dean
>> On 03/01/2013 04:16 AM, Dave Pearson wrote:
>>> I have 2 PVR250's in my mythtv setup - one in the master backend and
>>> one in a slave backend. The one in the slave backend seems to work
>>> perfectly capturing video via the component input and audio through
>>> the onboard sound input.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately the card in the master backend is not so good - often it
>>> will lose the audio part way through a recording, meaning I have to
>>> re-record the program (if I'm lucky enough to be able to get it on a
>>> later transmission).
>>>
>>> I suspect that it is a faulty card, but has anyone else experienced
>>> this problem and managed to resolve it?
>>
>> Physically swap cards in the 2 machines and see if the problem moves to
>> the remote backend.  If so, I'd lay odds it's a faulty card.
> I did try that but they must be different versions as neither of them worked when I swapped them over - at least mythbackend kept of crashing on each box.

Sounds like you have udev rules that put devices in the right places,
but that fail with the other cards--check those rules and update them
for the swapped cards.  I don't know of any way swapping a PVR-250 for a
PVR-250 could cause problems--so that means something else is causing a
problem.  If you're saying the only problem you see after swapping them
is mythbackend crashing, that means you're changing something
mythbackend relies on, and mythbackend logs would tell you what that is.

Mike