[mythtv-users] Updated script for editing recordings

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Mar 6 09:17:03 UTC 2013

On 06/03/13 01:00, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> On 03/04/2013 08:05 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> For several years I've been using Mythcutprojectx to process my
>> recordings from dvb-t, and I've used Mythpycutter less often for
>> recordings from dvb-t2.
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcutprojectx
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythpycutter
>>
>> I now have an updated script that works with 0.25-fixes and 0.26-fixes
>> for both dvb-t and dvb-t2.  It provides more info about what it has
>> done and, although restricted to cutting at keyframes, usually cuts
>> where I would like it to.  It might well be useful for other formats,
>> at least for removing pre-and-post run.
>>

> I normally use ProjectX on its own to do the cutting. It has a
> reasonable interface and it fixes errors in the file as well as
> performing the cuts. The cuts seem to be accurate, although it is a bit
> more difficult to locate the correct place in the file with the ProjectX
> interface.
>
> Peter

Yes, I saw your recent post about that.  There is clearly a range of
views about user interfaces. and I was encouraged to learn that not
everyone expected to just point and go.  But I should perhaps say that
my scripts use Project-X with no config file.  I think I mentioned that
in the Mythcutprojectx writeup. You will almost certainly have one, and
its presence could cause difficulties.

John