[mythtv-users] How do you set up a MythTV frontend to output YCbCr via HDMI

boehm100 at comcast.net boehm100 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 6 16:58:22 UTC 2013

In addition to setting YCbCr in nvidia-settings I needed to add the following to the "Screen" section of my xorg.conf

    Option "ColorSpace" "YCbCr444"
    Option "ColorRange" "Limited"

After the addition, mythtv launches for me in and leaves the monitor in YCbCr.  Finally I needed to set the studio color space flag to make the black levels look correct.  The proper name of the flag is escaping me at the moment.