[mythtv-users] Trying to get UK silence detect Commflagging to work

Chris Lewis chrislewis915 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 18:40:05 UTC 2013

>>  Apart from the missing files I don't think you should be running make as
> sudo. That will make all the files which are generated as owned root:root
> and the make environment will be different as well - meaning the files
> could end up in unexpected places.
>
> The only step that needs sudo is the 'make install' step.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

Well I'm just following the advice above.  I have downloaded the Mythtv
source code and added the location in the Makefile but it still doesnt
compile.

To be honest the makefile includes lots of stuff in /usr/local/qt4 which
also doesnt exist on my system so it seems that even solving my problem
wouldnt make the compile complete successfully.

Chris