[mythtv-users] slightly OT: newegg combo sale good for use for mythtv?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 14:29:57 UTC 2013

newegg has a shell shocker deal that includes this combo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128561
and a case

GIGABYTE GA-E350N Motherboard
AMD E-350D APU
AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics

with HDMI output

I'd like to use it as a frontend for an HDTV, I'm wondering from
anyone using a similar combo how well it works for them for MythTV?
Current all my frontends use VDPAU for video decoding, so I'm not sure
how well the Radeon chipsets work, or if with that CPU I would need
GPU assist?

Most of my recordings are MPEG2 (Cablecard and QAM), but I do have
converted content to x264, and in theory being able to play BluRay
content in the future if I decide to try and attempt getting BluRay
playback to work (since my BluRay library grew quite a bit over the
holiday season).

thanks!

--
Steve