[mythtv-users] How do you set up a MythTV frontend to output YCbCr via HDMI

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Mar 7 23:03:11 UTC 2013

On 07/03/2013 17:18, Andre Newman wrote:
> It's far far more likely that my display just doesn't do a good job with RGB input… Will have to go shopping again.

What was your colour cast like? I may have had the same thing, which
has now gone since swapping to YCbCr. I thought it was just a short
coming of Plasma TVs, but it does seem to be better now. The sort of
thing I was seeing was colours incorrectly strengthening when going
into shadow, for instance, a shadow on a face being more red than
it should be. Is that anything like your problem?

It's difficult to be sure there really is an improvement because
these sorts of artefacts vary so much with different content.

P.