[mythtv-users] 0.26-fixes: HDHR no longer recording?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 03:58:12 UTC 2013

On 03/07/2013 08:09 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> my current launch line is
>   /usr/bin/mythbackend -v general,channel,record --logpath
> /var/log/mythtv/ --syslog local7 --loglevel info --user mythtv
>
> so that should take care of it, correct?

Hi;

If user mythtv can write to directory /var/log/mythtv, then yes.

You could also make a directory /var/log/mythtv-logpath to keep
your 'normal' --syslog where it is (and with its current permissions.)

The reason for harping on the write permissions is that some
distributions have /var/log/mythtv owned by some other user.

Disclosure: I've never used --syslog and --logpath at the same time.
Not saying it's wrong, I've just never done it.

--
Bill