[mythtv-users] Frontend for Blu-ray 3D

EJS ejshoor at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 20:32:39 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for building a small quiet front end that would support blu-ray 3D. I have a zbox D525 that I really like and seems to work well for playing blu-ray disks. The only issue is that the next-gen ion graphics only supports feature set C and won't handle 3D.

I've poked around a bit and can't seem to find exactly what I want.  Right now I'm leaning towards this Foxconn D2500 Atomboard with integrated Intel video. I figure I'll just buy a GT 610, plug it into the PCI slot, and not use the on-board video.

It certainly won't look as slick at the zbox, but it should be a bit cheaper and do what I want.

Since I plan to leverage VDPAU, I assume my OSD wont support 3D, right?  I am hoping that won't be too big an issue.

I'd love to hear from someone who is doing 3D blu-ray via VDPAU successfully before I purchase all the hardware.

Thanks,