[mythtv-users] How to repair mysql?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 17:59:12 UTC 2013

On 03/09/2013 11:18 AM, UB40D wrote:
...> The above worked without complaining; however, after that, an attempt to
> reinstall still didn't work: each of the following commands still gave
> errors too.
>
> apt-get install mysql-server
> apt-get remove --purge mysql-server
>

> Any further clues on how to bring mysql back to life please?

Probably not, but I'd try:

     dpkg -l mysql-server mysql-server-5.5

It returns the following on my 12.04 ubuntu host:

     http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=mV0DTWES

If the 2 lines don't start with "ii", then I'd try to install it again
and pastebin the failure messages.

Also, note that earlier you removed apparmor and if you look in the pre-start
script (in /etc/init/mysqld.conf) you'll see:

     /lib/init/apparmor-profile-load usr.sbin.mysqld

So, I'd guess that at that point the daemon would never start.

--
Bill