[mythtv-users] Tuning DVB-S problems - scans too quickly

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Sun Mar 10 07:31:22 UTC 2013

I have put the mythtv packages of the pi forums onto my Raspberry Pi and
now have it running and recognising my master backend. I am now trying to
tune DVB-S via my Tevii S660 on there.

I know the Tevii works as I have had it running with tvheadend fine and I
have copied the firmware onto the pi and the logs are showing it loaded and
mythv recognises everything as expected.

The only problem is that when I go to tune from a known multiplex the
signal strengths flicks up and down rapidly and the tuning appears to fly
through remarkably fast...faster than I have ever known and faster than
normal by a factor of 10-100. It would be good if it could work this fast
:-)

I have not changed the defaults but have never had a problem before so this
is something in this particular setup. now I realise that I am using
unofficial mythtv packages so it could even be in this particular  build
itself but before I start chasing my tail, has anyone seen this sort of
behaviour before or any hints on where to start. Extending the timeouts
doesnt seem to have any effect.

Cheers

Martin