[mythtv-users] How to repair mysql?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 22:09:07 UTC 2013

On 03/10/2013 04:15 PM, UB40D wrote:
> # apt-get install mysql-server
> Reading package lists... Done
> Processing triggers for ureadahead ...
> Processing triggers for man-db ...
> Setting up mysql-server-5.5 (5.5.29-0ubuntu0.12.10.1) ...
> start: Job failed to start
> invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "start" failed.
> dpkg: error processing mysql-server-5.5 (--configure):
>   subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1 <---------
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mysql-server:

I appears to me that the script that's failing is:

     /var/lib/dpkg/info/mysql-server-5.5.postinst

Also when you did:

# ls -l /var/log/mysql
total 92
-rw-r----- 1 mysql adm 55463 Mar 10 17:33 error.log

I looks like there's a lot of information in error.log,
so did you look (or can you pastebinit the log?)

As to: # cat /etc/init.d/mysql, the actual script that
starts mysqld is: /etc/init/mysql.conf. The one in /etc/init.d
just 'points' to it.

Consider that the dpkg information is stored in the new filesystem
you just created. Did you copy the old /var there with something
that preserves timestamps, e.g. cp -aR? It might be worth it to
attempt to remove some package you never use, just to see if this
is really mysql issue or a generic dpkg one (and then reinstall
the package.)

--
Bill