[mythtv-users] Manual database backup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 10 22:50:06 UTC 2013

On 03/09/2013 05:17 PM, Igor Cicimov wrote:

> On 10/03/2013 9:09 AM, "Mark Pennock" wrote:
>
>> Anyone know how to find and manually backup database? Running ubuntu
>> 10.04 with mythtv 0.24 added. Can't get backup script to run. Made
>> sure it was executable and when I try to run it says it doesn't exist
>> even though running in
>
> Its mysql database so you can use mysqldump or install phpmyadmin if
> you like gui better.

But be careful if you don't use the mythconverg_backup.pl script.  If
you do a mysqldump and do not use the right options, you will write a
backup that will result in a corrupt database schema if you ever use it
to restore the database.  This is much of the reason why we have a
script that just does the right thing (and also does a lot of checks to
make sure everything else is right before hand).

Mike