[mythtv-users] Transcoding help please?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Mar 11 09:49:50 UTC 2013

On 11/03/13 07:25, mythtv . wrote:
> Can someone point me to where there is some up-to-date info on
> Transcoding please.
>
> I have never used it before but am always padding out the start and end
> times  to make sure I capture the whole recording (maybe one day we can
>   have Mythtv monitor the EIT and adjust the start/end time according to
> when the program actually starts like my old Topfield used to  :-)  ?).
>
> Anyway I have put cuts to start and cuts from end and now want to do a
> lossless (or near enough) to remove these cuts and save space.
>
> What settings should I use. Also when I have tested this with a livetv
> recording it worked fine (just a bit lossy) but when I tried it on a
> Cbbeebies recording then I have the video but no audio!....some could
> say thats an advantage :-)....just a very short lived one! I have tried
> checking for other audio streams to no avail!
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin

This might do what you want, although I have never used DVB-S or
variants and there may be an obvious gotcha.  It's for use from a
console and puts out logging and diagnostic info that could probably be
dumped now, so that it could be called by Raymond Wagner's wrapper.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythDVBcut

John P