[mythtv-users] UK Commercial Detection (Clusters)

Russell Gower mythtv at thegowers.me.uk
Tue Mar 12 15:36:02 UTC 2013

On 12 Mar 2013, at 15:03, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 12:19:43 -0000, Russell Gower <mythtv at thegowers.me.uk> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>   I've compiled and installed the programs fine, but the silence program just exists with the message "System error." with an exit code of 2. I've tried to diagnose the issue but have hit a brick wall.
>
> I'm running v0.25.3-38-g1e200d3 built from Git on Centos 6.3.
>
> I'd appreciate any pointers on how to diagnose this further.
>
> Not much to go on then!
>
> I presume you're running "silence.py" from the command line and aren't getting any informative output at all.
>
> What version of python are you using ("python -v") ? It seems the new argparse requires 2.7
>
> Can you run other python scripts ? Here's a harmless one written by an expert.
>
> I don't have much experience with Python - all I can suggest is it's something to do with your Python version or the Myth bindings http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/0.25_Python_Bindings
>
> I also know nothing about CentOS but google seems to say that "system error 2" is related to "No such file or directory".

Hi,
  Thanks for the reply,  I'm currently running python 2.6 but thats not the issue here (not to say it won't be an issue when I resolve this one :-))

it's the compiled silence.cpp file thats throwing up that error, I'm calling it directly form the command line and would expect it to show the usage information.

I've run it under strace and can see it's opening a socket with this call
	connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket"}, 33) = 0
 but subsequent reads from the socket are failing like this
	read(3, 0xe7f6f0, 2048) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)

The fifo file looks fine to me
	$ ll /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket
	srwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 0 Mar 12 11:53 /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket

I've also tried setting selinux to permissive but that made no difference.

Thanks
  Russell