[mythtv-users] UK Commercial Detection (Clusters)

Juhani Rautiainen jrauti at iki.fi
Wed Mar 13 04:55:02 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:25 AM, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com>wrote:

> **
> I've put a new version (v2.0) of the cluster script on the wiki
>

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Commercial_detection_with_silence_for_UK_freeviewHD#Cluster_Detecting_Version
>
> There's a new silence.py, silence.cpp & Makefile; catagrower.cpp is
> unchanged.

Hi!

It's not just for UK (IMHO). I tried it with Finnish channels and it works
pretty well here too. MythTV v0.26  very seldom finds any commercial
breaks. v0.24 used to work almost perfectly so this solution provides a
service that I've missed a lot. So far I've only tried it with two channels
(MTV3, Kutonen) and the second one (Kutonen) needed tweaking with presets.
I'll check other channels when I get some recordings and post my presets
file at least here and maybe put it in wiki too (If I can figure it out).

Thanks and keep up the good work.

- Juhani
Juhani Rautiainen                                   jrauti at iki.fi