[mythtv-users] Frontend blocked two minutes due to sendProfile.py?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 05:13:27 UTC 2013

On 03/13/2013 11:57 PM, faginbagin wrote:
> Tonight when I turned on my frontend only machine, I got the MythCenter-wide background, but no menu. After some investigation and confirming that an update to the latest available version from the mythbuntu PPA didn't change the behavior, I found the root cause was that mythfrontend is blocked for two minutes waiting for this command to complete:
> /usr/share/mythtv/hardwareprofile/sendProfile.py --submitOnly -a

You're the 2nd person tonight with the problem. I reset the timestamp
on my backend and duplicated the problem too. The update is done every
30 days, just in case folks don't know.

So, my short term workaround was to fake the timestamp on
the command line as in:

      mythfrontend -O HardwareProfileLastUpdated='2013-03-13T00:00:00Z'

Obviously I'm making the assumption that the problem on
alcor.mythtv.org will get fixed.

--
Bill