[mythtv-users] HP MCE blasters with 2 ports: 2 blasters or 1?

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 18:26:14 UTC 2013

On 03/13/2013 01:48 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Anyone using one of these:
>
> http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc468/oriental-hony/2-4E1C829D9ED18272906563A75668hp63A565365668_zps35163503.jpg
>
> or any other MCE receiver/blaster as an IR blaster with two emitter
> wires plugged into it?

I can answer both aspects of this question.

I have one of these HP receivers/emitters, and having tried I can tell
you that only one blaster works. That is: you can hook up two blasters
and both will emit light, but you cannot address them separately.

I also have a Micro$oft-branded USB MCE receiver/emitter, and its two
ports are separately addressable. I'm using it to control two STBs.

HTH, Jan