[mythtv-users] .25 mythtranscode copy over in .26 failing after upgrade

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri Mar 15 18:18:40 UTC 2013

On 3/15/13 1:33 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Do you really need (or even want?) RAID for DVR recordings?  IMHO,
> it's just TV, so it's not worth the cost of RAID.
Try telling that to my wife when one of her programs gets trashed. Some
shows are literally never on again, and not available online. We had one
instance a few years ago when we lost about 200 recordings and I never
heard the end of it.

Since going to RAID 5 and later 6, I've had at least three drives that
had to be replaced under warranty. Had I not been using RAID, I would
have lost recordings.

My point is that, for some people, it's definitely worth a couple
hundred dollars for a little peace of mind.