[mythtv-users] question about two specific tv tuner cards.

Jelte Veldstra jelte.veldstra at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 10:43:03 UTC 2013

> can you please let me know whether the pctv systems 460e and the hauppage WinTV-NOVA-S/HD-USB2
> (also identified as model 139 on the hauppage website) are compatible
> with myth tv.
>
> both cards are dub-s and s2 tuners which i intend to use for uk free to
> air satellite channels in conjunction with a pctv 260e for terrestrial television
> channels.

Here's a good source for checking compatibility with Linux:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hardware_Device_Information

As development moves on devices that are listed as unsupported may be
working with the latest sources, but the mailing list could rule that out
or if you have the devices already you could try it out. This wiki is also
a good starting point when shopping for a new DVB adapter. Personally I'm
very happy with my Digital Devices Cine S2 adapter. It requires to manually
compile a driver (instructions are on the Digital Devices website), but
then it is stable, supports multirec and uses little power (about 2-3W)
when idle.