[mythtv-users] Anyone with experience with Rogers Digital Cable in the Ottawa area?

Mark Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Sun Mar 17 16:20:53 UTC 2013

On Sunday 17 March 2013 13:04:26 Erik Sejr wrote:

> 1. Does rogers in this area disable the firewire port to the degree it
> cannot be used to control the reciever.
>     A. If so, do you know if exceptions can be made?
>     B. If no exceptions, what have folks in the area been using for
> control (IR Blaster etc...)?
>
> 2. Does rogers disable the component outputs for specific
> channels/programs? A. If so, do you know which ones? (even a partial list
> is OK)

As far as I understand, most Canadian cable companies disable the firewire
port.  I don't know about Rogers.  I use ir blasters for more SD recorders and
almost never miss a channel change.  I haven't heard anything about disabling
component out.

A good place to ask might be the Canadian digital home forums.  There are lots
of helpful people with good technical info there, just stick to their terms of
use (eg no piracy talk).

Here is a link to the Rogers sub-forum;

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Hope this helps,