[mythtv-users] Music / Myth / Integration

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 22:52:00 UTC 2013

Hi fellow Mythtv users,
I've been running myth for a while now (something like 10 years?).
We're planning renovations soon and the opportunity to have the system
down for long enough to be able to do some work on it and possibly
upgrade may be present.

I've a number of questions that would probably benefit from other
peoples experience and cover both software and hardware.

1. Integration, most of our music is played via an i-device of some
sort which means we need to load the music from the PC to the device
then connect it to a stereo. Ideally the android/i-devices would be
able to act as a remote control. What's out there that integrates with
Mythtv and is able to show / list by all the useful categories?
2. Internet radio, DAB, etc, as above.
3. The goal is to be able to output and control all of the mythtv
music (there's not much, 60 or 70GB of a mix of flac and mp3 encoded
stuff) on a stereo and to be able to control as much of the stereo as
possible from an android / idevice. So what stereo hardware is out
there that can do something like this? I've looked at things like
sonos before but they always seem to be lacking enough features to
make it integrate fully.

Thanks
Matt