[mythtv-users] Daylight Savings Time issues

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 17 23:01:46 UTC 2013

On 03/17/2013 06:45 AM, Wim wrote:
> Op 16-3-2013 22:35, Thomas Boehm schreef:
>> Dan Armbrust wrote:
>>> Wow, the time issues finally got fixed?
>>>
>>> That would be amazing :)
>> What time issue? I never had any problems with daylight saving. I'm
>> currently on 0.25+fixes on Ubuntu...
>
> And if you go to 0.26 you might run into other problems depending on
> recording rules.
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/532444?do=post_view_threaded#532444

Exactly, so really it's more precise to say, "Wow, they finally traded
one set of time issues that only affect shows that air across the
boundary of DST to a different set of time issues that affect all shows
all year long?"  (Meaning we're not just idiots who don't know what
we're doing--there were good, and valid, reasons that times were stored
in local time.)

And as for the problem Dan (the OP) was having--it was with your system,
not MythTV.  Your system didn't inform MythTV of the time change, so
MythTV was operating properly.  That's why the reboot fixed it.

Mike