[mythtv-users] mythlogserver multiple copies high cpu

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 18 22:10:04 UTC 2013

On 10/03/2013 22:47, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/10/2013 04:41 AM, Robert Longbottom wrote:
>> Does this sound like it could be a reasonable explaination?  If so I
>> might just add something to my suspend script to kill off
>> mythlogserver, but it would be nice to not have to :-)
>
> That is likely going to be required.
>
> Mike

So it's been much better since I added the kill command to my suspend
script, but I've still seen at least one instance of multiple copies
running and hogging 100% cpu.  So to fix it, I've added a line into my
crontab to kill off mythlogserver if more than one process ends up
running.  I'm not saying this is a great solution, and it's a bit brute
force, but here is the crontab line for anyone else who wants to use it.
  Running every minute may be overkill, but this is a frontend only box
and it's not particularly loaded.

* * * * *       root    if [ $(ps -ef |grep -v grep|grep
mythlogserver|awk '{print $2}' |wc -l) -gt 1 ]; then killall
mythlogserver; fi;

It seems to work, but it does cause mythlogserver to segfault when it
gets killed.

Use at your own risk :-)

Rob.