[mythtv-users] Mythccextractor does not create a .srt file

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Mar 19 12:02:29 UTC 2013

From: Trond Nystuen
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:42 AM
At least I can see the subtitles are found. The recording I tested with had
subtitles for three Scandinavian countries, and there were created three
directories with the base name of the file, and "-dan.dvb-4", "-nor.dvb-3"
and  "-swe.dvb-2" appended at the end. Inside these directories I can see a
lot of png images with the subtitles. But there is no .srt file created.

It sounds like you only have bitmapped subtitles, not text based ones.  You
will have to supply your own OCR software if you want to turn those into
.srt files.