[mythtv-users] Best way to copy to windows and delete after recording?

Jason Bilbrey jason at bilbrey.me
Wed Mar 20 23:42:16 UTC 2013

I've found that running the following SQL command:

Update recorded set watched=1 where watched=0

Updates all the currently recorded shows and marks them as watched.  Now
when auto-expire happens due to disk space, it marks the show as a
duplicate and never tries to record it again.

This approach was much simpler than trying to purge the files, etc and has
been working great for me since I already had automated processes in place
to rename the files using MythLink.pl (user job) and then to copy off the
friendly video file names (using a scheduled task on a Windows box) and do
all the processing and archiving.  :-)

Hopefully this final recap helps others with the same need in the future.

Jason