[mythtv-users] OS X Build failure

MythTV MythTV mythtvuser10 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 20:25:16 UTC 2013

This is a quick follow up:  I am happy to report that the MacOSX bug is now
fixed.  The ticket number of the fix is:   http://
code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11458

Nature of the bug is that MythFrontend running on MacOSX (at least on
Mountain Lion - 10.8) would crash (dump core - SigSEGV) after the user
stopped watching a MythTv recording.  Surprisingly this bug had
been happening to my wife for many months now, but she never told me until
I compiled up this fix last night!

I would like to thank the following MythTV developers for looking at this
bug and providing a fix for it:
natanojl
Jonatan Lindblad

(If additional folks were also involved I am sorry for omitting you, many
thanks to you as well)

As an FYI - I can confirm the following works fine for MythFrontend on
MacOSX 10.8

Xcode latest release for Mountain Lion 10.8
QT source (everywhere) 4.8.4 - remember to make the 1 line fix mentioned in
this thread.

Compiling everything with the osx package perl script -universal tag
(except the MythTV source code) works for me.  Remove the -universal tag
during the MythTV compile step.