[mythtv-users] Toggling compositing

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 25 01:16:53 UTC 2013

On 03/24/2013 02:00 PM, Chris wrote:
> The MythTV Official Wiki had a few suggestions one being to place the
> following in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
>
>   Section "Extensions"
>        Option "Composite" "Disable"
>    EndSection
>
> I think this was already in my xorg.conf  because it's there now and I
> don't remember putting it in (but that's another story).
>
> The problem is, I have recently downloaded the Netflix app onto my
> computer and it wants compositing enabled.

Netflix app?  TTBOMK, there is no application that allows the use of
Netflix and its DRM'ed video in GNU/Linux.  Are you doing something
crazy like using the Android Netflix app in an emulator?

If so, I'd highly suggest a better Netflix solution--like dual-booting
with Windows or using a Roku/PS3/Wii/XBox 360 + XBox Live/"Smart" TV/DVD
or BluRay player or, well, basically anything that's actually supported
by Netflix.  And I /do/ realize that it's not the ideal solution for a
GNU/Linux user, so don't tell me--tell Netflix.

Mike