[mythtv-users] MythVideo 0.25 and Storage Groups .iso problems

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 25 18:50:20 UTC 2013

On 03/25/2013 01:59 PM, Mike de Plume wrote:
> I'm aware of previous discussions around this using 0.24 but it seems to
> have gone away in 0.25 so I'm thinking DVD iso files should work. I know
> about the encryption thing as well, but...
>
> I have two DVDs tat play perfectly ok direct from the drive. Each one
> fails differently if I try to play then as iso files from the video
> storage group.
>
> Roughly, one of them does a lot of;
>
>      mythplayer.cpp:921 (OpenFile) Player(2): OpenFile() waiting on data
>
> and then stops trying and returns to the play/close page.
>
> The other gives the start of a display and then freezes with:
>
>      dvdringbuffer.cpp:507 (WaitForPlayer) DVDRB: Player wait state was
> not cleared
>
> There were no messages about encryption.
>
> My question is, did the various fixes that were raised/discussed in the
> 0.24 era get into 0.25?
>
> Or, to put it another way, what should I be expecting here?

You still need local (to the player) access for encrypted ISOs.  The
only difference (in one of the versions, but I forgot which first
included it) is that Video Library will use the local copy in preference
even if the file is "hosted" on another system, assuming you've network
mounted the file system with the ISO in the same location on the frontend.

Mike