[mythtv-users] MythVideo 0.25 and Storage Groups .iso problems

Mike de Plume mike at mikedeplume.com
Mon Mar 25 21:42:59 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-03-25 at 14:50 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/25/2013 01:59 PM, Mike de Plume wrote:
> > I'm aware of previous discussions around this using 0.24 but it seems to
> > have gone away in 0.25 so I'm thinking DVD iso files should work. I know
> > about the encryption thing as well, but...
> >
> > I have two DVDs tat play perfectly ok direct from the drive. Each one
> > fails differently if I try to play then as iso files from the video
> > storage group.
> >
> > Roughly, one of them does a lot of;
> >
> >      mythplayer.cpp:921 (OpenFile) Player(2): OpenFile() waiting on data
> >
> > and then stops trying and returns to the play/close page.
> >
> > The other gives the start of a display and then freezes with:
> >
> >      dvdringbuffer.cpp:507 (WaitForPlayer) DVDRB: Player wait state was
> > not cleared
> >
> > There were no messages about encryption.
> >
> > My question is, did the various fixes that were raised/discussed in the
> > 0.24 era get into 0.25?
> >
> > Or, to put it another way, what should I be expecting here?
> >

> You still need local (to the player) access for encrypted ISOs.  The
> only difference (in one of the versions, but I forgot which first
> included it) is that Video Library will use the local copy in preference
> even if the file is "hosted" on another system, assuming you've network
> mounted the file system with the ISO in the same location on the frontend.
>
> Mike

I'm using a single system for front and back end, so all files are
local. The files are, however, stored in the
default /var/lib/mythtv/videos so it is not in the user space.

In relation to encryption, one of the posts relating to 0.24 had a log
message about encryption. Naturally, I can't find it now :-). I could
have misunderstood that, and it could have been removed in 0.25.

Anyway, if I understand you, you are suggesting I use a third party
player instead of 'internal'? I can do that, I guess, but then I don't
understand your reference to Video Library. Oh, wait, you're talking
about not using storage groups at all. That would do it. I don't see me
using multiple front ends. I'll have to give it a go.

Mike S.