[mythtv-users] update failed now fe crashes

Andrew Potter andrew at potter.id.au
Wed Mar 27 00:40:47 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I just allowed the latest update to be done on my back end and front end.
The back end worked fine so all good there, but the frontend stalled and the
box locked up. No response to keyboard mouse etc. So rebooted but now the
frontend will not start fully. I just get a blank background.

The update failed whilst applying the mythtv-common section from memory.

How do I restart the update?

I tried

sudo apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

but that only checked the mythbuntu stuff which show 0 to update and 0 to
upgrade.

Any help appreciated.

Andrew