[mythtv-users] VAAPI on mythtv-0.26

Robert Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 17:43:59 UTC 2013

I just upgraded to mythtv-0.26, and want to enable/try VAAPI on my
mythbox.  I haven't been able to find any instructions for settings it up
on 0.26.  I've only found this on the wiki for 0.25 (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VAAPI).

I'm wondering what additional packages or steps 0.26 requires in order to
use VAAPI.  Do I still need to install libbluray1, libmad0, or
gtk2-engines-pixbuf (as referenced by the wiki)?

CPU is a Core i3-3225 w/HD4000 GPU
Mythbuntu 12.04 (libva-intel-vaapi-driver and vainfo packages installed)
mythtv-0.26 (Playback Profile set to VAAPI, and Paint Engine set to OpenGL)

-Rob