[mythtv-users] Sctescan Crashing on HDHR with Myth 0.24

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 01:06:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Mache Creeger <mache at creeger.com> wrote:
> Any ideas?

Well, the segmentation fault should be fixed (you should probably report it
to the author, with a backtrace and core dump, and even better a patch
if you can do that).

However, depending on where you are located, Comcast is working on the
final phases of their "digital transition" and/or "digital reclaimation" and in
some locations that appears to include encrypting (almost) everything,
which might even include the channel map (I do not know, but would not
be surprised).

See various threads, including for following regarding the FCC waiver
that allowed the MSOs to encrypted "everything".

You may need to move to OTA or a Prime for access to the
Cable Channels (Comcast is of the more "enlightened"(*) MSOs
and most of the non-Premium channels are marked Copy Freely).

Gary

(*) "Enlightened" is, at best, a poor term to use in regards to
all content providers and distributors, but I am unable to come
up with a better term at this point.