[mythtv-users] Zotac Zbox with Windows client?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed May 1 17:10:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm interested in picking up one of the $160 used Zbox'es on Amazon to use
as a Myth FE for the garage. However, I plan on also using it as a
surveillance camera with a usb webcam. The best software I've found for my
needs is iSpy Connect, and it only runs on Windows.

I've had good luck with the Windows client on my Dell workstation, but was
wondering how well it would work on an ION-based machine. I assume that the
PureVideo support would work in offloading the GPU duties for my HD
content, but I wanted to check with smart people before I shelled out the
money.

(Full product info at
http://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-Intel-Barebone-Mini-PC-ZBOX-ID41-U/dp/B004WO8O9Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367428125&sr=8-1&keywords=zbox)

Thanks,