[mythtv-users] Is there a script to generate schedule from list of titles?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 2 16:44:45 UTC 2013

On 05/02/2013 12:26 PM, Frank Feuerbacher wrote:
> We have a list of ~200 movies that we would like to rerecord due to
> poor quality. I would like to add them all to the custom record list
> using a script. Does such an animal already exist, or is this a roll
> your own thing? Can you suggest any tools or scripting language that I
> might use to accomplish this? (PHP, Python, Perl...)

Where are they?  If they're in your Watch Recordings, you could put them
into a specific recording group (i.e. "Movies to re-record" and then set
up a custom rule to record any show with a title that matches one of the
shows in that recording group.  The only issue you'll have is with
duplicate matching, and you can fix that by disabling duplicate matching
on the rule (but then you'll have to watch and any time one re-records,
you'll need to delete the old/bad one so it's no longer in the recording
group)...

Or, to make it low maintenance, don't disable duplicate matching on the
recording group, and go through and allow re-record on each of the
recordings in the recording group.

Mike