[mythtv-users] Freeview HD (DVB-T2) Multiplex

Dave Sexton list-mythtv-users at jack.org.uk
Thu May 9 14:36:15 UTC 2013

On Thursday 09 May 2013 15:05:57 John Pilkington wrote:
> On 09/05/13 14:24, John Pilkington wrote:
> >
> > I read the question.  I saw no dvb-t2 mux _until_ I specified qam-256
> > and 8 Mhz, and the transmitter frequency as found from the web.

I have tried all of that and still didn't get anywhere.

I had run w_scan and it could see the multiplex, so that gave me confidence
that the hardware was working.

Then ...
I went to scan again (to get the exact working of what I was seeing) and
accidentally enabled the 'Ignore Timeout'option and ... it worked! :D

What specific difference does that option make? The help text implies that it
was a workaround to a specific hardware/driver issue that would result in
seeing no channels and that enabling it would pointlessly and significantly
extend scanning time.

Either way, I'm happy. I've not actually tried watching yet - but I have the
channels in my list now :)

Thanks all!

Dave