[mythtv-users] Losslesscut error

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sun May 12 11:09:15 UTC 2013

On 13-05-12 12:36 AM, Gregory Moyer wrote:
> Also, I have version 2.3.2-1 for the package python-lxml installed and
> things seem to be OK.
Greg,
     How you mentioned the package has helped. If you did not have an
adequate versionof lxml installed the test would never succeed. What I
realized if that you guys so not know that the lxml package is actually
made up of sub packages. The version reference for 2.7.2 is about the
sub-package"LIBXML" which has a separate version number than the main
package.

Here is what I get on a Ubuntu 12.10 install.

 > apt-get changelog python-lxml
Get:1 Changelog for python-lxml
(http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/l/lxml/lxml_2.3.5-1/changelog)
[8,272 B]
 > python
Python 2.7.3 (default, Sep 26 2012, 21:51:14)
[GCC 4.7.2] on linux2
 >>> from lxml import etree
 >>> etree.LIBXML_VERSION
(2, 8, 0)

So you see that the libxml part of the lxml package is v2.8.0 while the
package name shows v2.3.5

I changed the wiki to say you need the same version of lxml as MythTV
needs dropping the confusion sub package version number.

Doug