[mythtv-users] Intel hd 4000 support

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue May 14 08:36:19 UTC 2013

On 13 May 2013 17:13, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> I have had an MSI GT70 laptop since late last year: Core i7-3610QM
> CPU, 12 GiBytes RAM, builtin HD4000 video.  There are few laptops with
> more CPU power than that.  When playing back HD video on CPU alone, I
> would often get a tearing effect towards the top of the screen.  I

tearing has nothing to do with CPU struggling to decode the video fast
enough

With myth and others, too slow means dropped frames; it's very noticeable:
nothing like tearing

Tearing means you had bad video-sync. If you used OpenGL, you need to make
sure you enabled it, this is usually done with the drivers itself